Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sold Photos

I'm really excited to have sold some of the photos up at the show and thought I would take the opportunity to talk about some of the work by posting some more information about the images that have been sold---

This image is of the Milan Cathedral from the Piazza del Duomo, infront of the Galleria. As in many of the piazzas in Italy, there are a lot of pigeons. They really brought the stone of the sculpture and the cathedral to life and I liked catching the one in flight- The facade of the cathedral was under renovation for awhile, so I was very excited to see the scaffolding down.


I took this photo in Paris, France while staying with my aunt. There was a little veranda, just wide enough to sit and enjoy the sounds of the Parisian streets- the best cafe in Paris! I was reading "The Making of a Poem" in preparation for my final thesis project. I really liked the various textures and shadows in this shot.

This photo was taken in Copenhagen, Denmark- my absolutely favorite city--This manequin was outside of this bookstore/cafe across from the Kobenhavn Universitet (Copenhagen University). I don't remember the name of the cafe, but it was a very neat place-- and had good coffee too! Its located on Fiolstraede and is a great location for people watching. My sister named this photo, Tea for Two----
This is one of my favorite photos- taken of my sister at the Grounds for Sculpture when we were celebrating my mothers 60th birthday. It was a really hot day- and she found the mist of the mist sculpture refreshing- and I happened to catch it on film. There is something really mystical about the photo- that is why I named this photo A mystifying sculpture...